Dinner Party

So I have decided that for the months of January, March, July and November I am going to host thematic dinner parties for me and some of my good friends.  I like the idea of theme dinner parties because then you can do theme foods, theme dress codes, theme decorations and it makes it something a little different.  I think I have a couple friends in town now that would be willing to come and would bring their significant others.

It's a new experience for me planning a dinner party as I have never done it before but it's always been something I have wanted to do.  To have people over for a barbeque is one thing but this would be a whole big production with invitations and RSVP expectations.  I am not sure what it would all entail besides cooking food, and planning games or activities.  I remember when I was younger my mom hosted some dinner parties, one was a nautical theme, one was a murder mystery theme and one I think was just a party but I remember all the smiles and laughing and it has always been niggling at the back of my mind that I should do something like that.

So for January we are going to do a murder mystery party, I am going to use the web to find me some type of murder mystery game and the costume will be forties style.  I think it's going to be great and to have my hubby and I and two or three other couples I think that would be just the right amount.

In March we will have a Princess ball!!! And because it is my birthday I can make this call.  I am not sure what else we will do but we will have but a lot of appetizers, tiaras for the ladies and whatever else I need to make it a princess ball.

July the theme will be nautical, cruise ship esqu and in November I think we will do Mexican.  Granted these may all change depending on who all wants to come, but I think it's time we start doing other things besides potlucks and beer.  Its time to start doing grown up activities in a child like manner!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five