Good Bye my Muffin Top

So it's been awhile since I last posted. Things have been changing and at some points in the last few weeks I have felt incredibly overwhelmed and ready to quit life...

I have been struggling to lose this baby weight and nothing was working, not adding extra exercising, not watching what I was eating or eating by portion size, it was all just driving me insane.  I needed to do something, I needed to get more energy, I needed to dig myself out of my deep dark hole.

I knew about the Release program with Good bye my Muffin top I'd inquired about it a few years ago, but I was planning to have another baby so probably starting a protocol like that wouldn't be the best time.  But I kept in contact with these ladies and I participated in some Yoga in the Parks with them and went to some of there support meetings.  I really connected with their way of thinking.  I hated that at times I hated my body, that I would body shame myself and they talked about accepting your body for what it was in that moment.  It was all quite zen, but something I could buy into.  You've read some of my previous posts about Be your own Beautiful: Be YOU tiful so if you have read those posts then you know that it's not what's on the outside as much as what's on the inside that matters.

I've decided to take the plunge and try the Release program with Good bye my Muffintop.  It's a new way of thinking, it's harder to change my thinking about food then it is to actually follow the protocol. It's all about eating when you are hungry but not allowing your body to go into starvation mode.  It's using the HcG drops as well so you are on a 500 calorie protocol for a minimum of 23 days, then you can start reincorporating foods into your diet that have natural fat in them.  It's about using your body to burn your fat cells, instead of using the newly ingested food for energy.

Now I have spent most of my life dealing with diets of one kind or another. Sometimes I've been on a program from a gym that had me eating 2200 calories a day, which on days when I didn't work out were so many calories that I would feel ill while eating.  Days when I did work out I would need more and ingesting that many calories wasn't that difficult.  But it didn't make sense to me to be ingesting that many calories if my output was less than 2200 calories of activities per day.  Weight loss is about the mathematics Calories in vs calories out.

I truly dreaded the whole 500 calorie ideal, I mean that's not very many calories, but here's the thing, I've been doing it for a week and after I've eaten not once have I been hungry.  I eat a lot of vegetables and lean protein right now.  And 3 cups of vegetables for lunch and 3 cups of vegetables for supper is a lot towards the end of the meal I'm feeling quite full and very satisfied.

I'm also finding I have more energy, which I had lost in my last month of maternity leave and more so when I returned to work.  I was so tired sometimes that I couldn't stay up much past my kids and I felt very lethargic during the day, and I was eating according to the last meal plan I had followed.  I didn't even have energy to go out for a run, and if I did I was more tired after the run then before it.  Which is something I'd never experienced before.

The exercise restriction is the only thing I am not happy about, I enjoy exercising. I enjoy playing soccer on my women's team, I enjoy going for runs, I enjoy yoga and zumba classes, I even enjoy strength training.  I don't exercise for weight management, I know it helps, but I exercise because I want to be heart healthy (family history of heart disease) and I exercise because I love the endorphins that are released after I do exercise.  So this no exercising while on protocol is difficult but I'm doing it, knowing that I will have more energy when I'm off protocol and I will be able to start back into my training for my half marathon.

So the updates, why after a week I am continuing on this journey.  I have released 19 inches from my body, and 13 pounds. I find those numbers huge but I've been following the protocol and I'm learning to eat when I'm hungry.  I'm also kicking my sugar addiction, because if I'm honest I have a huge sugar addiction, chocolate bars, baking, double doubles, frappaccinos, ice cream, and when it comes to those things I have very little will power.  A mini blizzard from DQ is enough to satisfy the craving yet, I will order a large, a piece of a candy bar or a mini candy bar would be enough but I eat the whole thing etc etc.  I think the sugar addiction is the hardest part, but I am staying strong and I am not veering off this path.  I have 16 days to go, the first 7 were the hardest and it's really all down hill from here!!

Then it will be onto the maintenance part, but it will be eating to hunger and staying away from refined sugars and starches, but I KNOW I can do this, to get to a place where I am no longer a slave to the scale or a slave to eating protocols but eat to satisfy my body with balanced hormones that's the end goal!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

My Heart Belongs in.... {Friday Five}