Before and After

In July I decided I needed to take control of my health and fitness.  I've said this in the past but many times things come up and I put it aside, so in July I was keen I was going to do this part of it was because of my upcoming surgery (more about that in another blog) and part because it's the healthy choice.

I think I may have even posted a blog about it in August or something you can read the link there.

And I've stayed pretty true to everything. I really started out weighing 100 kg, or 220 pounds.  And though I could have had more amazing results I have had some incredible results with a little fluctuation.  I made it down to 215 lbs easily and I hovered in that area for at least 6 weeks, maybe losing a pound or two only to gain it back.

Then 30 days ago (I know what took me so long!!!) I purchased the Myfitnesspal app, so I could see my macro nutrient count, and I also purchased a new scale.  The Aria scale from Fitbit with my new Fitbit Charge 2.  Black Friday was an amazing time and totally supported my fitness goals.

I was still eating well and trying to work in my protiens and stuff but now I had something to keep me accountable, now I had something to weigh and calculate my body fat.  Now I was going to take my weight loss to a new level.

The first time I stepped on my Aria scale I almost cried!! I was way higher in weight then I had expected my old scale was obviously a liar!! It just didn't want me to throw it out! But since then I've been much happier with my scale.

So here are some before and afters and I can give you some measurement numbers!!


My hand placement in the before picture makes it hard to see what my stomach was like, but it has shrunk for sure!

This one shows the decrease much more but it's still not super drastic

But this one, well this one you can definitely see where some changes started to happen!! And I am more excited about these changes than any other changes I've noticed!! The back is a super hard area for me to lose weight so the fact that you can see such a great decrease in the back fat WINNING!!

Ok now for some numbers...
I am currently at 211 lbs which is pretty accurate and it's been a decrease of a pound a week which I am happy with as well.

Every two weeks I still take measurements and here are the numbers I will share with you on this point.

When I started I was measuring my neck at 14 inches, today I measured my neck at 12.5.  I started measuring my shoulders at 40.5 inches, today I measured them at 38.  I started with my chest at 37 inches and today my chest was 33.5 inches.  My breasts, which are going to be surgically reduced soon, were measuring at 41 inches and are now 38.5 inches.  My belly is down 3 inches, and my hips are down 4 inches.  My thighs have generally stayed, annoyingly, consistently the same but today they were measured at 21.5 inches.  also my calves dropped an inch too.  When I started I was 388 inches, today I am down 30 inches.  THIRTY INCHES!! That's amazing! 

I will share some of my information on Macros and why I chose macros and I will also share some of my food recipes and stuff soon.  Thanks for reading this lengthy post!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five