12 Week Challenge Week Three Update

So I haven't really gotten back into my blogging but I am working on it so here is my update, on my 12 week challenge a 1/4 of the way through.

I had a rough start, I caught some nasty flu the first week so I couldn't do many workouts and eating, well that was pretty much out of the question for a whole week. I did get two workouts in and I lost quite a few pounds I just wasn't really sure it would stay off since it came from being sick.

The second week was better but I was still dealing with illness and my lower back has been killing me for four weeks.  I had trouble bending or putting my legs straight so I had to modify most exercises but I made it to the gym three days and I was starting to feel stronger and better.

The third week went amazing, I still feel incredibly busy, but we are making it work so I am positive it's developing into a routine. I made it to the gym 4 times this past week and meals have been going great. Even with Thanksgiving happening I do not feel like I am breaking my meal plan and I am not over eating.  This may not be big for many people but my brother brought out chips, my favourite flavour, and set them on the table while we were playing cards yesterday and I wasn't even tempted to eat handfuls of them! I had one and it was enough, not that it made me full or anything like that, but I knew I didn't want to have to adjust my macros and miss out on other better foods so I only had one, then he tried to offer us pepsi (my favourite drink) and I declined and really it wasn't even that hard.

So here is a progress picture! I am not noticing too much in the picture, but well here's a story.

I have a pair of brown corduroy pants that I love wearing for work.  I haven't worn them in over 5 years because after I found out I was pregnant with Teddy they just didn't fit.  This summer I pulled out my bin of clothes from that time and put them back in my closet.  My thought was that if in 6 months they didn't fit I'd donate them, but for now they needed out of the bin.  I saw them in my drawer this week and I thought, "I wonder if I can get these on and done up?" So even though I didn't know if they would fit, I tried them on. I pulled them up over my hips and they felt alright, not too snug and no loose. Then I reached for the button and zipper, mentally preparing myself for the muffin top moment, and I did them up, NO MUFFIN TOP! So pants that have sat in my closet for 5 years I am now able to pull on and do up again!  This is HUGE!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Full time teaching contract