Road Trip 2017 Part 4 Nova Scotia

The main reason for this road trip was to go out east to celebrate the life of a man who was taken from this world too soon.  My friend Estelle was making the journey and I knew it would be difficult and I didn't want her to have to do the journey alone, especially if she felt like she'd want the company.  She was happy to have us and I was happy I was able to make the trip with her.

We travelled from NYC to Pugwash, Nova Scotia in one day. That is an epic drive and really should only have taken 12 hours but with traffic and stuff took us 18 hours.  We have the best children ever though.  There were no complaints in the car, they have been trained by this point to go to the bathroom when we tell them and not ask for extra bathroom breaks. It was a crazy long drive, but we made it to Pugwash and fell into a deep sleep!

We spent 4 days in Nova Scotia, it was an emotional four days! I so love the scenery of the East Coast, it's just beautiful.  There were a few cathartic moments for those closest to Jeff who definitely felt his absence even more than I did.  It wasn't all tears though, there were laughs and memories shared and Jeff will live on in the hearts of all he touched and in the way they move forward each day loving as Jeff loved.

I also went on an excursion to Prince Edward Island, my true East Coast love(sorry Nova Scotia, PEI got me first), with the boys. We went across Confederation bridge, visited Green Gables, got some Cows Ice Cream and then headed back to Pugwash for a lobster feast!

The next day was the jumping from Tindish Bridge.  I admit I did not jump, I took a lot of amazing photos though!! It was a fun day.







I know that this trip was part of a series of trips to say good bye to Jeff, and I am honoured I was included in this trip.  It was wonderful meeting his friends and family and making them my friends as well.  I empathize with their loss and feel it deep inside myself, but I know and recognize it's not as deep as it is for those closest to him.  But I will remember that daredevil, loving, kind spirited man who showed one of the most amazing women in my life her true value. 

Have you ever been to Nova Scotia?  What sights should I see next time I travel out that way?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

My Heart Belongs in.... {Friday Five}