New Years New Goals

I am a creature of habit, in the oddest ways.  I stopped blogging in June because I went on a road trip and I was super busy with that, but also my computer screen cracked, and not just a little crack, it was such a significant crack I could not use my macbook pro.  I was devastated and annoyed, I have a back up computer, a HP laptop, and it's a good computer, but it's just not my Macbook.

So aside from not writing anything about what I have been up to for the last 6 months of this year, besides in this last month as I get back into blogging, I haven't been doing any writing at all not even on my novels.  I could say I was mad at myself but I knew what I was doing and I just couldn't bring myself to type on the HP, the tracking pad is much to sensitive and when I type on it I get the urge to throw it from time to time.

That being said I am blogging again, it's time to get my summer blogged, my back to school blogged and all the fun things in between!! I'm super pumped to start the new year off with a 31 day blogging challenge and to start it off I am going to direct you to the photo that started this blog, scroll up I'll wait.... cool see it, I am going to answer each of these questions in this blog as a way to set my goals for 2018.  So here we go!!

A Bad Habit I am going to break: In 2018 I am going to break the bad habit of checking social media in the morning when I wake up.  I waste so much time lying in bed scrolling through facebook and twitter and then I am rushing to get ready and get my kids ready for work.  I will still peruse Facebook and Twitter but it will happen while I am enjoying my breakfast after I have gotten ready.

A New Skill I'd like to learn: I'd like to learn how to crochet and follow patterns more.  I really do enjoy crocheting but I only know the single and double stitches.  I'd just like to be able to make more fun hats and headbands for myself really. Here is my Pinterest board of crocheting ideas.

A person I hope to be more like: the person I hope to be more like is an amazing person. She loves her children unconditionally and she is their biggest fan, she is also thoughtful and strong.  She isn't afraid to show her emotions and she calls people out on their bullshit.  I hope that I can be more like her and worry less about my kids being perfect.

A good deed I am going to do: I am going to volunteer more this year, and I am going to have my children volunteer with me, teaching them how to give back to others.  Be that with Special Olympics or with the Ronald McDonald House or just the hospital.

A place I'd like to visit: I'd like to visit so many places but I think the place I'd most like to visit is Norway.  Financially, this seems like a long shot, so I'd really like to see Mount Rushmore and Washington DC, which maybe more feasible, but Norway is a definite bucket list item, maybe there is an education conference there??

A Book I'd like to read:I am an avid reader, like I read all the time.  But I do have some books that have been sitting on my shelf and I haven't read them so I'd like to read The Power of Now and Braving the Wilderness.

A letter I am going to write: I am going to write all the letters.  I know I have 52 friends and I'd like to write 52 letters to my friends, once a week because I love getting letters in the mail and I just think it's important that we still continue to communicate through the handwritten word.

A new food I'd like to try: this one stumps me because I am not always very adventurous with my food, I'd like to try quinoa.  I've always had good intentions to cook with quinoa, but I've never actually consciously tried it.

I'm going to be better at: staying in the present, especially with my conversations, I am going to listen for listening sakes and not listen to respond. I don't think I am horrible at this but I think that I can be better at it for sure, I'm going to work on my mindfulness.

What are some things you'd like to change in 2018?  Leave me a comment and share on Social Media if you'd like!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

My Heart Belongs in.... {Friday Five}