Doctor's Appointment Update

Went to the Doctor yesterday for a prenatal check up. Nothing out of the ordinary. not really. My doctor and I discussed how I was feeling, had another internal exam (yucky), my blood pressure was taken, listened to the baby's heartbeat (137) and discussed an issue that came up with work and my due date.

My doctor, who is my favourite person right now, is at a conference on my due date. This made me a little agitated, but well I wasn't too worried about it really. I would like my doctor to deliver my baby but if he can't he can't, c'est la vie. But he told me that they usually like to make a person go ten days overdue (this is unacceptable for me lol I don't want to wait that long) but, he said he thinks if I made it to my due date I could be induced on the following Monday. That would be November 2, 4 days after my due date. I got right on board with that!

As for my work issue, I have been subpenaoed to court and court is on the 2, 3, and 4th of November. Well as that is 4 to 6 days after my due date I am not going to be able to go. So I have asked my doctor to write me a note saying I can't be there for medical reasons. He was very agreeable to this suggestion.

My blood pressure has done something really weird now. At my last appointment my blood pressure was up, I still had edema but I was feeling fine. My blood pressure was high again this last appointment so my doctor sent me to Unit 25, the maternity unit, to do a non stress stress test. What I find really weird is that my blood pressure has been perfect up until last week. While I was working and feeling stressed my blood pressure was perfect every time, now that I am off work my blood pressure has risen.

The non stress stress test is a test used to see if the baby is distressed because of my blood pressure. During the test the nurses hook me up to the TOCO monitor and measured the baby's heart rate and movements. I had to press a button everytime the baby moved. It was easy. After the test the nurses called my doctor to give him the results. During this conversation my doctor said he wished to set up an induction date for me for Friday (that's the next day). Apparently I had protein in my urine as well. So this is looking like preeclampsia, which can be dangerous. After much discussion between my doctor and the nurses, it was decided that I would have some blood work done and do a 24 hour urine collection (yes it is as gross as it sounds). So I have to take my collection into the lab and go visit my doctor on Saturday at the clinic. Also I am scheduled to be induced on Monday.

I am a little terrified by this, it seems like the pain is going to start hard and fast and no work up like with Chandler. But on the bright side I may be having this little bundle sooner rather than later. I will keep you posted!!!

Comments

  1. You are going to do just fine Jenn!! I am thinking of you and praying for a smooth delivery! It is quite common for a woman to suddenly develop high blood pressure after they stop working. This is the body's reponse from you being quite active at work to perhaps not as active while off of work and at home. I am sure you are in good hands and your doctor will make sure you are not at risk and ensure a safe delivery of your bundle of joy! Stay positive Jenn and keep your chin up - soon you will meet your beautiful baby! --- From Desire

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

My Heart Belongs in.... {Friday Five}