Cupcakes for Basketball

So I decided to make some cupcakes for my basketball team and for my homeroom class for tomorrow.  I decided I wanted to decorate them as well.  In the spirit of wrapping up our basketball season I decided to make basketball cupcakes.  It was an arduous task but I had a lot of fun and I found that I really enjoyed doing the decorating.  It's not surprising really since I love baking, but I didn't think I would like it as much as I did.

So I had initially set out to make everything from scratch.  Cupcakes and all but after some careful consideration I decided that cupcakes from a box mix would be simpler.  So out Adrian went to get me some cake mixes (seriously I usually do everything from scratch so we have no cake mixes in the house) and a block of cream cheese.  I always feel that boxed cake mixes can be improved upon and that's exactly what I did.

I made a cream cheese icing mixture and injected it into each of the cupcakes.  Kind of like a hoho cupcake, or a dingdong cupcake.  You know those cupcakes that will still be around in 1000 years because of all the preservatives in them.  But I guarantee mine is tastier!!

After the baking was done I made my butter cream icing.  I made the decorater's icing with meringue powder I added orange food colouring to one bowl and smaller bowl I added green food colouring.  I then decorated the cupcakes and this is the way they turned out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

My Heart Belongs in.... {Friday Five}