12 week Challenge: Food Prep/ Meal planning

The last time I was on a challenge like this, the meal plans were provided but I struggled with making substitutions because I didn't know what could work for a substitution and some of the meal suggestions were yucky, well not yucky but not to my taste.

This time around we are working with macros, so we can eat the foods we like and build our meal plan that way, but we have to track our macros. Not our calories, but our macros.  So this is a new thing for me, but I was able to go out and shop and now I have meal prepped for the week.  I have a plan for suppers, I have my lunches, breakfasts and snacks packed and my SIX cups of free Veggies.  SIX CUPS!!

I like veggies, but I like veggies and dip and dip is not on the menu! I guess it could be if I watch the sugar content and let it count as a carbohydrate or fat whichever is higher on the nutrition label.... but that seems like a lot of work for so little reward. 

I've figured out my macros for the day will include oatmeal with protein powder and almond milk and some scrambled egg whites, then I will have rice cakes, peanut butter, blueberries, 4 ounces of chicken, almonds, a protein shake with a banana and almond milk and my supper.  Supper will be a variety of meals that my family normally likes to eat, but some extras for those nights we have things they like that won't fit into my macros.  Supper is nice as it will change a bit to add more flexibility into my eating.  I am also planning to make some chilli and soups to have on hand in frozen containers that I can take for lunches in the next week, just have to figure the macros out.

I think that's my biggest concern, if I could just eat the same thing over and over and over again and not get bored with it, this would be super simple, but I like food so this becomes more difficult, because my taste buds SCREAM for variety, so I guess we will see what happens!

Have you ever worked with macros? What were the pitfalls you encountered?  What made you successful?

Thanks for reading!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Full time teaching contract