Renos: How I loath thee and love thee

We are currently renovating our main bathroom, the only bathroom in the house with a bathtub.  My life is in disarray and has been for the entire month of November.

For starters I am excited about the end results of the new bathroom but in the mean time things have gone to pot.  I am a bath person, I would rather have a bath than a shower any day of the week. I love to relax in my tub and read a good book, and that has been denied to me for a month now.  I have gone to my in- laws house twice but that still isn't the same, it's a little awkward sitting in their tub relaxing when they are playing in the living room with lil man.  So at first we thought the project would take three weeks, but it's week 5 now and the end is only beginning to come into sight. 

There have been a few hiccups along the way.  We have been found some contradictory information, and have had to work through that, neither of us feel much like working after work so we have only been working on the weekends.  Which makes things drag out, there have been times when I have wanted to do stuff, but I don't really know what I am doing and Adrian appears to, but then I find out that he's just as unsure as I am. 

We are now onto the tiling part of the project, I am buying some waterproofing for behind the tub and I am going to paint it onto the walls tonight, then Adrian can do the tilling this weekend.  Floor and tub, then maybe, just maybe we will have our bathroom back in two weeks.  I have never been so excited for anything in my life. Ok that might be an exaggeration, but it's the most exciting thing to happen in the last few weeks and coming weeks.  I am thinking it will be my early Christmas Present.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

My Heart Belongs in.... {Friday Five}