Wedding 2011: Invitations

Wedding DIY project number 1.  Wedding Invitations.
What a gong show situation this has been.  I have been stressing over how to get these invitations done.  Do I print them off at home?  Take them somewhere to have them printed?  Should I just scrap my original idea and get a generic type card from Michael's and go that route?  I just didn't know and it was getting stressful.

See my idea for my wedding invitation was to do a picture card.  But I didn't just want a flat card, I wanted a folded card, so then I started playing around with Microsoft Publisher.  They have all kinds of pre-formatted cards to use and you just insert your text and pictures to create your card.  I found one I really liked except the card when folded had what I thought was the inside on the outside.  So the interior of the card was blank but it had the pictures on both the outside folds.  Then I looked into using Vista Print online.  I have used them for my business cards and they did a great job.  The only problem with them is that they only offer a 4x6 folded card and I wanted  ours to be a bit bigger.  Then I  looked onto Costco's website. I always print my pictures at Costco so I thought maybe they would have something and THEY DID!!!  They had a 5x7 folded card.  After some working with Creative Memories and then inserting them into the card layout on Costco's website I have my wedding invitation done.
So this is the front page of our invitation.  The second page is just for those people who have been invited to the wedding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five